This ribbon is for Infant Loss Remembrance. I recognized it immediately but it's a hard subject to bring up.
The tenant does her laundry once a week at our place (shared laundry space) and I decided to ask her about the ribbon. It never bothers me when people ask me about my story and I decided to say something.
She said that she was happy to talk about her third child, Lily, who died of SIDS at 6 weeks old, 2 years ago. She has 2 other children, but Lily was her only girl. She is an avid supporter and member of support groups in Texas (her home-state) and after I told her a little about me, we each showed the pictures of our children that we both wore in silver lockets around our necks.
She encouraged me to come chat with her if I was ever having a hard week and I told her that she had already really helped me because I just needed to say out loud how I was really feeling.

I'm glad you and Nathan were able to have a talk and be open and honest with each other. It's important to lean on each other. I hope you felt encouraged after talking to your neighbor - God is so good at bringing people across our paths at the right time isn't he?! Hugs.
ReplyDelete