Saturday, December 20, 2014

Longest Night

Nathan has to work tonight so we weren't able to attend the annual Longest Night ceremony- a service put on by Wornall for the families of KCMO murder victims.

JM asked if anyone could make goodies for a coffee time after the service. Since I couldn't attend at night, I offered to make the treats.

I definitely went a little overboard but once I started baking, I couldn't stop. They were just little things - haystacks, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, sugar/cinnamon cookies, ginger cookies, brownies, and caramel apple bites.  By the time I was finished, I'd made about 12 dozen treats.


Allison loves to stand on a chair and watch me in the kitchen. She screams when I put her back on the floor. Today she was in heaven because I had so much baking to do that I let her stand beside me most of the day.

When I did finally put her down, she found a new way to get into trouble. She's been using her wooden box of climb and today she found my computer, pulled it to the edge and SOMEHOW started watching Sesame Street. She's such a smart cookie. If she ever manages to get her hands on my phone she immediately calls Nathan- no one else, just Nathan.

I was just proud of her for letting me get so much done today. I met April at the church at 5:30pm to bring all the snacks in and set up the room for after the service. I was able to leave by 6:30pm and get Allison home for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment