Our friend, Mark Clifton (JM) lost his father this week. I didn't know Harry Clifton (besides a few hellos) but Nathan had visited him and spent time with him through JM. Nathan called JM the night his father died and Nathan was so upset.
I love seeing how much he cares and respects JM as a friend and mentor.
Thankfully, Nathan had today off and was able to travel to Independence, Missouri for the funeral. Nathan said it was a wonderful funeral because he lived a full life, knew where he was going, and who was waiting for him (his loving wife, Fern).
Nathan got home during Allison's nap time and we spent the afternoon cleaning and catching up (Nathan has worked the last 13 days). When Allison woke up we were debating what to do for dinner when our friend, Lisa, invited us over for dinner. We happily agreed and spent the next few hours chatting and enjoying a delicious meal followed by the best bread pudding I've ever had.
Kyle and Lisa's daughter is a year younger than Allison and it's so interesting to watch them together because Allison steps over Lucy like she's just a baby, while Lucy keeps trying to follow Allison and play along. Then I think of how Allison stares at the older girls and just wants to be included.
Allison and Nathan were playing and Nathan began tossing Allison. Lucy saw this and promptly went over to her Dad and held out her arms. They were some cute flying lady babies.


No comments:
Post a Comment