Saturday, May 16, 2015

JR

Today was the three year anniversary of JR's passing. I'm glad that Nathan had the day off and we could spend it together as a family. While we were outside doing yard work, a delivery van from my favorite flower place, Randy Neal Flowers, pulled up. Martin and Marlene sent us this beautiful bouquet. Allison immediately insisted on smelling every flower.

We also received thoughtful messages and cards. It's always the same 5 or 6 people who say something, and I wonder when it will stop. Half of me knows that time moves on and I've moved (slightly) away from needing people to remember, but the other half is so grateful that I have friends who remembered me when I was pregnant and saw his pictures and know that he was real.

It was good to be with Nathan today since we couldn't be together last month on JR's birthday. We put our energy into working around the house. It's been raining most days and everything is lush and growing like crazy. Today we decided to put some sod down at the end of the driveway since grass never seems to grow there. Allison enjoyed spraying us with the hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment