Today we celebrated Allison's second birthday and Dallas's 1st. Shelley and I decided that since I was at home it would be a great idea for the kids to celebrate together. This is the invitation I made for the party.
It was a farm themed party and it worked perfectly since we had it at my parent's farm. I made the photo booth backdrop/decoration from 2 yards of felt- it was only $15 and I think it worked perfectly for the party. I made the cupcakes and cake too. I searched pinterest for easy farm cupcakes and these great ideas came up. A technique I will definitely use again it melting chocolate chips in a ziploc bag (in the microwave) and then cutting a corner on the bag and making chocolate shapes (for the sheep heads). It was cheap and easy and worked great!
Besides the jump castle, we played pin the tail on the donkey and had races. My favorite was the relay race where the final leg was to carry a baby. Allison loved it. For prizes the kids got Kinder Eggs. My American friends won't know what that is since they aren't allowed in the US (I've even heard of people having them seized at customs) but they are hollow chocolate eggs with a small toy in the center.
We had plenty of John Deere toys in the dirt pit but the best toy was our lawnmower. Shelley took the kids around the yard. Allison loves to ride on the lawnmower with her Pa and she was first in line to jump in the wagon.
The food was simple but delicious. Shelley made a huge amount of pulled pork (and used the Joe's Kansas City BBQ sauce we brought back with us) and for the kids we made Pogo dogs. We had salads, buns, and tons of candy!
Allison was spoiled with beautiful clothes and toys for her birthday. She loved the frozen pajamas that her cousin's Abby and Brady brought for her. She kept trying to put them on over her clothes.
My friend, Ashley, took this picture. It perfectly shows Allison's personality. "This party happens around ME!"
It was a wonderful day- the weather was sunny and everyone had a great time. I'm so thankful we were home and could share this birthday with Dallas.



No comments:
Post a Comment