Nathan had to work again today and I debated whether or not to even try to go to church. It's a big production to get Allison out the door and then I have to stay in the nursery with her, or we leave and come right back home.
I decided I'd go and visit and listen to as much as I could before Allison freaked out. April and Ryan were watching the kids in the nursery and (to my delight) Allison was fine with me leaving. She isn't comfortable with many people but April has watched her for me a few times, and Allison loves her kids and I was able to sit through the whole service.
I noticed quickly that I was anxious and had a hard time sitting still. I couldn't quiet my mind. I think that Allison keeps me on my toes so much and my min is constantly racing so to sit an do one thing has become foreign to me.
I saw a pen in the back of the pew and while Adam spoke, I took notes and did doodles of the building and people. It really helped me to focus and I took more away from the service once I started multi-tasking.
Nathan only had to work a 10 hour shift today so we were able to have some family time together. It was 33 degrees this afternoon and I am so thankful that I got all my yard work done during the cool spring. I pushed myself really hard but I am so glad because I hate the heat.
All we had left to do was to trim the row of bushes along the driveway and weed the back patio.
Allison helped out with the chores by washing my car with a muddy swiffer.
I found this whale at the dollar store. I love buying things there because if it entertains Allison for an hour, I already got my money's worth. Today she took a bath with the orca, and tried to put it down for a nap in our bed.





No comments:
Post a Comment