Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 2

Today was Allison's second day of preschool. I wish I could say that it was a seamless as last week, but this week she understood that I would be leaving.

Allison donned her preschool best for teacher Laura. Allison has been obsessed with wearing tutus over her clothes or "princess" as she calls them (although I don't think I've ever used that word to her). I don't care what she wears and I think she looks pretty fantastic.

Allison began to cry as soon as we reached her classroom. I assured her I'd be back and then just walked out. I'm so thankful that the school is professional and are not intimidated by crying kids. I feel flashes of guilt but I know this is good for her. When I left the room, she was in the teacher's arms yelling, "Mummy dead! Mummy dead!" which is what she says when I leave her - total drama queen.

April (who's son goes to the school) arrived after me and called me while I was driving away to update me that when she passed by the classroom later, Allison had already settled down.

The teacher said she was a little teary all day (and she really let loose when she fell face first in the dirt while chasing Griffin after school) but the teacher assured me it was normal and that she still had a good day.

After dinner, I checked my email and there was a note from the teacher reassuring me that Allison will adjust and to see some photos of Allison having fun (and one from last week's adventures).

I'm really happy with the school and so thankful that I've found a great place for her next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment