Today was Allison's third day of preschool. She freaked out the second we pulled into the parking lot. She was so scared so I stayed and played with her until she could be distracted enough for me to leave. I'm proud to say that today I finally figured out preschool. There are a bunch of moving parts when you drop off/pick up your kid (hand in 3 diapers with name on them, put sippy cup in drink holder, hang up shoes and backpack, put lunch pail in hall bucket for fridge) then when you leave (pick everything up, get notes and announcements from folder above coat room) it's a lot - but today I remembered all the steps!
While Allison was at school, I finished up the Christmas tree garland I'm making. Last year I used burlap ribbon but it frayed too much so this year I'm trying felt. I can't wait to start decorating next week. I think Canada has a better method for thanksgiving (having it in October). I don't want to wait until December to start decorating! I know I could decorate now, but then I feel like the holidays are confused, especially since you're eating the same meal at both events. I hope my garland is long enough. I used felt scraps and I don't have any left so it will have to work!
On my way home from preschool, I stopped at a thrift store and found this box of Hot Wheels. It has cars and tracks. For $10, I couldn't pass it up. I didn't think Allison would be interested in them (she has toy cars that she doesn't play with) but she really liked watching Nathan set up the track and have the cars zoom by.
Our night wouldn't be complete without play doh. We play at least 4 times a day. Our newest disciple struggle is having Allison clean up one thing before she starts a new project.





No comments:
Post a Comment