Thursday, November 12, 2015

Slow Cooker Week

Nathan and I decided that this week would be a crock pot cook week. We typically eat traditional meals - meat, starch, vegetable - so this is a big change of pace for us.

I was excited to pick out seven new recipes for dinner. I tried to find meals that lined up with random canned food that we have in our pantry. So far we've had broccoli beef, corn and potato chowder, Thai butternut squash soup, and split pea soup (with ham). I've loved having so much squash - it's on of my favorite dishes.

Tonight I made acorn squash with maple syrup in the center. It reminds me of my parents house and I remember sitting at *my*seat in our kitchen in Boxall, eating it for dinner. It's a fall favorite. Allison loved it too, but it could just be the Palmer's maple syrup as a topping.

I've been making these super easy Bisquick cheesy biscuits for our soups this week and they are amazing. I could eat an entire batch by myself.

I thought that the weather would have turned cold this week (which is why I picked soups for most of our meals) but the weather has been fantastic! Most days it's 20+ degrees! I had a few errands to run this morning and I planned my route so that my final stop would be close to a McDonald's that was beside a park. I got a happy meal for us to split and then we spent a couple of hours soaking up the sunshine.


It's going to be a long winter stuck in the house with this park-loving baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment