Sunday, January 22, 2017

U.S. Figure Skating Championship

A few months ago, my friend April called and asked if I would be interested in attending the U.S. Women's Figure Skating Finals held at the Sprint Center. As part of a "Black Friday" deal, we each got tickets for $25 each. I'd never been to the Sprint Center or been to a figure skating event, so I agreed to go.

The event was from 6-10, and featured 20 skaters. I was surprised that 17 out of the 20 women fell during their performances. There was an upset for the winner (but she was very good - and didn't fall).

We had a really fun time. It was good entertainment and we had a great visit while we watched the event.  I'm so thankful to have friends who present me with these opportunities because I love to explore but my range doesn't usually include big events.


We even ran into some friends while we walking the halls during one of the breaks - our hosts from the birthday party we attended earlier in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment