Friday, January 6, 2017

Going Batty

Nathan worked late tonight so Allison and I had were on our own. After a very long day (that ended a very long week), we were snuggled up on the couch, reading her bedtime books. Suddenly, a bat flew across the room and landed on the wall in the living room (about 5 feet from where we were sitting). I have no idea how it go in our house because I haven't opened any windows in months and all the doors were closed when it started flying.

I tried to delicately move Allison out of the room, when it jumped off the wall and began making circles around the room. I got Allison into her room, while the bat flew into my room. I quickly shut the door as it made a circle around the light.

While waiting the 30 minutes for Nathan to get home, I heard it fluttering around. It made my skin crawl.

Thankfully Nathan came home quickly or else I would have bunked with Allison.

Nathan killed the bat with a broom and everything calmed down.
I have no idea why we've had two bats, more than 6 months apart in our house. I don't think the two incidents are related because they are spaced so far apart but it is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment