Friday, January 20, 2017

Nathan's Week Off

Nathan always reminds me that just because he doesn't have to physically go to work for 14 days a month, he still has to work most days. For instance, this week he had 3 church meetings and 2 work meetings scheduled. Plus, he has bills and paperwork to go through and emails to catch up on.

Even though it was a busy week, after two very busy weeks of Nathan working, we still had a lot of fun as a family. Nathan took Allison swimming at the Matt Ross Community Center this week and our water-baby loved it. I took Allison to meet up with our Mom Group at the church (we were on a hiatus through the fall and it was great to meet again) on Thursday, and today we spent the morning at the zoo.

We are so lucky to live somewhere where I can drive to the zoo in 15 minutes, there is free, easy parking, and that we are able to purchase a membership.

It was 12 degrees today and foggy. We walked through Australia today and I saw two  new animals that I've never seen before. I didn't take my camera with me today so I'll have to go back sometime on my own.

Allison loved that Nathan offered to carry her on his shoulders for most of our walk.
When we were walking down a path, we were suddenly surrounded by kangaroos! They didn't mind us intruding and it was so strange that they are able to just hop around on the paths! I usually only see the kangaroos on the train and from the lookout.

We spent some time in the Discovery Barn because Allison loves the tree house and indoor slide elements. Allison insisted it was time for a snack and the spider monkeys wanted her to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment