Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Fourth of July

It started out as a rainy, stormy fourth of July, but Allison and I made the trek to Mark and Jill Clifton's house to celebrate with their family. Their kids are my age, and they have kids who are Allison's age so it works out really well.

I was only asked to bring dessert so I made an apple pie and some sugar cookies. I just love a theme!
Allison even sat still long enough for me to do this deceptively easy star hairstyle.

 

We arrived at 11am, just in time for a BBQ lunch with ALL the sides. Allison had a ball playing with Mark's grandson, Jack, and with Jack's cousin, Easton, when he arrived a few hours later. 
 
They played in the pool and sprayed each other with squirt canisters, then once everyone was dried off, we all went into the driveway to shoot off some (small) fireworks. They were mainly smoke bombs and fireworks where the army men shoot out with a parachute. The kids loved chasing the parachutes down, but the noise was a little loud for them.
 

 
 


Nathan arrived as we were lighting the last of the fireworks. He got off work early and was able to join us for dinner, and then a big firework show with roman candles and sparklers.


 



 


 
 
 While we were cleaning up, Allison found a large puddle. I didn't see her take her shoes off, but it was OK because we were about to leave. However, the next time I turned back to look at her she was LAYING in the puddle pretending to swim. Thankfully I packed pajamas for the ride home.

We didn't get Allison in bed until 9:30pm and she was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment