Today I was lucky enough to have my Allison-away-at-school plans work out perfectly. I needed to pull the weeds in my gardens but it's been so hot and dry that I haven't gotten around to it. But after big rainfall last night, the air was slightly cooler this morning, the weeds were easy to pull, and Allison wasn't around to tell me it was too hot/too boring/too many bugs to be outside.
While I was gardening I looked over and saw this robin sitting on a stone a few feet from me. He was soaked and clearly had been out in the rain a long time. His chest was pierced with a twig and he wasn't able to move away when I got closer to him.
It made me uncomfortable in his calmness waiting for death but he still seemed so strong as he stood his ground as I gardened around him.

No comments:
Post a Comment