I never like going to the KC zoo on the weekends (or holidays) because it's really busy but all the events are on Saturdays and there are so many fun things to do at the zoo! Today was all about the Kansas City Chiefs. Warpaint and Susie were there (Chief's mascot) and some of the KC Cheerleaders. Allison asked if they were princesses because of their outfits and "cool boots."
We arrived when the zoo opened so we were able to do all the meet and greets before things got too busy. As a special treat, I let Allison get her face painted. It was a big deal for Allison because she always asks and I've never paid for her to get it done before. She chose a flamingo design. She felt very special.
We also got to meet the KC Wolf. Allison is not shy around characters/people in costumes, so she made herself comfortable for the photo.
Our last stops were the carousel, the education pavilion, and the playground.
I brought my camera to the zoo because I knew there would be photos opportunities for Allison, but I didn't expect to take any animal photos. However, I took these two and they are my new favorites!


















No comments:
Post a Comment