Friday, September 22, 2017

Mural Date

Nathan and I set aside today to explore the Kansas City Crossroads Art District. I found a list of popular wall art in 10 block radius and we drove around to visit them (while Allison was in school). It isn't a great part of town but it was mid-day so it felt pretty safe - except for the homeless man with schizophrenia that began screaming beside our car in front of the antique map store.

The murals are constantly changing so if you want a picture of one/with one, you need to act fast. This first "Kansas City" picture used to say "Kansas City I'm So In Love." But the store is moving into the plaza area so they are painting over the sign (so they can drive traffic to their new location when they put the sign back up). We even saw a wall that was half painted over with a paintbrush still hanging on the windowsill.
 


 
 
 

 


After exploring the murals, Nathan took me to a restaurant called the West Bottoms Kitchen. He'd been there before and gave it a glowing review. After a few bites, I understood why he liked it so much. It was a delicious lunch and a fun and unique day-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment