Sunday, April 29, 2018

Daniel Tiger

Allison and I didn't have any plans today so I asked her if she wanted to see Daniel Tiger at the KC Zoo. I don't like going to the zoo on Saturdays, especially the first nice Saturday in months AND during an event, but I figured it wouldn't be too bad because we were just there to wander. We arrived at opening and were in line for the 10am event by 9:45am. We were only 20 people back so I figured it was worth the wait (although friends of those in line started showing up and pretty soon we were 50 people back). I love to watch people be sneaky. It reminds me so much of watching Allison do something she knows is wrong. These women would make a greeting, then they would start by leaning on the barrier (between the lined up people and the people that were coming and going out of the building) then they would encourage the kids to play together, then make a comment that hinted that they would be willing to go to the back of the line, then when the lined moved up, they would quickly sneak under the barrier. It's just like when Allison wants a treat after school when she knows it's almost dinner time.

It's comical and rage inducing at the same time. We only had to wait 25 minutes before Allison got to see Daniel and give him a big hug. By the time we left the line had (my best guess) 400 people in it. It was insane.
 
 
Allison and I spent the next 3 hours ducking the huge crowds, eating ice cream and riding the train before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment