Nathan is in the midst of a long work stretch and this past week I was lucky enough to have my parents come to Kansas City to visit. The drove so they were able to drive a truck full of treats including maple syrup, honey, and Canadian candies.
I didn't tell Allison they were coming. I picked Allison up from her classroom on Monday and as we were walking out my parents were there waiting for her. My Mom said "hello" but Allison just smiled and looked away until she suddenly realized who was talking to her.
We had a few really cold days while they were here, but their last full day, Thursday was the perfect weather. We sat in the front yard and chatted while Allison played with the new toys that Grandma and Grandpa got her for an early birthday gift.
It was a relaxing week and I'm so thankful to have the extra help with Allison.












No comments:
Post a Comment