Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter

It was a rare East in Kansas City. It snowed! This cold winter just won't end!

Nathan had to work today so he missed out on the early morning activities. Allison ran into my room shouting for me to get up (at least that's what I think she said with her mouth full of chocolate). It was a quick hunt because we have such a tiny house but Allison got lots of chocolate and a few special surprises that she's been asking for for a couple of months.

Usually our Sunday morning are lazy and long because we have 3 1/2 hours between our wake up and church, but today Allison slept in (we had a late night at a friend's house for dinner), plus we had Easter fun, plus I was on my own, so we had a very rushed morning.

I was in charge of the Easter Egg Hunt but Allison has been my helper through the process. She helped me to pick the candy and stuff all 500 eggs. Allison does really well with assembly line tasks.
I snuck out of service today to hide the eggs on the church grounds so the hunt would be ready right after the service. There aren't many places to hide eggs so most of the eggs ended up spread over the grass. As I was putting the eggs on the ground, two older women passed by and one said to me, "You know, you're not doing a very good job of hiding those eggs." I told her that the hunt was for young kids and she responded, "Well, it's not a hunt when they can just walk out and see them." Miserable people are so weird. I just turned my back and went back to work. I managed to hide the eggs in under 15 minutes, which is good because by minute 15 my fingers were ready to break off.
 
 
Right after church the kids gathered on the church steps and the eggs were snatched up in under 5 minutes. The kids were freezing, the wind was whipping around, the snow was sticking to our hair but it will be a fun memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment