Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crochet Purpose

Since my last crochet post, I’ve been working on a few more baby hats. I like them because they’re small and I can try out several patterns a day and practice on different stitches rather than getting locked into a big project. Well, after about 5 hats, I started to think, “I don’t know this many babies! What am I going to do with all these hats?” I didn’t want to waste the yarn, but I really like doing these projects. I’ve been thinking about it for a few days and just kept pushing it out of my mind. It’s like when I do quilts and I wonder what to do with that many blankets! So this afternoon my mom’s friend Debbie called to say that she went to Fabric Land on Saturday and picked up some cheap material for my friend Amy’s grandmother, Mercedes (aka Nana). Mercedes is making baby clothes and receiving blankets from donated fabric to send to Mexico where women there have nothing to take their children home in. BAZINGA! There was my answer – so I called Amy’s parents house (where Nana is visiting) and told her my idea that I could make newborn hats and booties for each of the 50 packages she plans to send at the end of the year. She thought it was a great idea so now I have the perfect place to send all the hats and I don’t have to worry about not putting the yarn to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment