Today I went to Ashley and Ben’s again for a tobacco day. When I was there at the beginning of the week, a few of the Jamaican workers saw me with my camera and asked if I would come back and take some pictures of them so that they could have some to take home to their families, so today was the day I set aside to do it. There were 2 men working at the kiln and 5 men harvesting the tobacco in the field. They worked so fast and I was amazed how fast the wagon was filled. Ashley and I followed the men (on foot- it went really slow so it was easy to keep up) and the men really seemed to like the attention we were giving them. Ben and his brother Mick also work with the men and the brothers said that the men were in much higher spirits and a lot more talkative than they usually were (they were teasing each other a lot – especially when I started taking their picture).
They were all very nice and polite and I was happy for the experience.










No comments:
Post a Comment