Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fire Muster

Today my mom and I (again left Nathan at home to study) and volunteered to sell tickets (to raise money for the St. Thomas hospital) at the Fire Muster in Pinafore Park in St. Thomas. It was so cold when we woke up this morning, and the weather seemed especially harsh to me, so I was in my winter coat, boots, and I was even tempted to wear a hat! (Some people at the event were only wearing t-shirts!) After our shift of selling tickets, we watched a few of the firehouses compete in the obstacle course event that was set up. I know it’s a small, community event, but these (types) of things hardly even happened on Saba, and here it seems like every weekend you can find new experiences, see new people, and have a new story for your blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment