After spending 2 days in my mom’s office I was ready to get outside! I’ve had a bad cold (my first in over 2 years) and being outside always makes me feel better. So today I went to the Internation Plowing Match in St. Thomas. I spent most of my day wandering around, looking at all the booths and exhibits and watching the shows - square dancing, Canadian Cowgirl Rodeo, Traci Kennedy (local singer), square dancing tractors, and several live acts on the bandstand. The square dancing tractors were really amazing. I thought it would be slow and that it wouldn’t really look like dancing but the men did an astonishing job. There were 8 men (4 dressed as women) who drove the old tractors and they did a lot of intricate moves and were very fluid. I then went to watch the square dancing. I love square dancing – we did it in gym class when I was in the 4th grade and from then on, I wanted to be a square dancer. I even had a dress when I was a kid. My grandparents (Stinson) used to be in a club, and I was always jealous. So I got some information about local clubs, and I’m seriously considering going.












No comments:
Post a Comment