After last night's snow/ice storm - Kansas City was pretty much shut down today. Schools were closed, stores locked up, and there was very little traffic up and down our street (which is usually busy). Nathan was very disappointed that we didn't get to go out. First, because he wanted to go back to a thrift store to get an office chair (his neck is killing him), and second, because putting Nathan inside all day is like putting a cup over a spider (they start climbing the walls). He has got alot done regardless (of me trying to distract him).
I filled my day by looking for a landromat close to home (the one in our building is a little old-looking and I worry about our clothes being eaten) and baking delicious oatmeal - peanut butter cookies.
Our new bed is amazing and so much better than the airbed. We might have to pick up a fan (as white noise) because the guy who lives above us seems to wake up around 11pm to start his day and he's up ALL NIGHT, right above us. We don't hear music or anything but we hear him walking back and forth and rolling a desk chain aat 4am - I think he might be a gamer. It's so strange to be back in an apartment/student living as compared to living with your parents (the house is silent after 10pm). It could be alot worse, and I'm really liking our setup so far.
Today was a hard day because usually Friday is my Scarlett day and I miss my little buddy! I feel like we're going to miss so much being away again but it we were so lucky to have had those 6 months at home to catch up and be there to share some amazing moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment