Saturday, February 19, 2011

Letter to the Editor

**The following is a letter to the Editor of the St. Thomas Journal that I wrote to thank the amazing community support we had this past week**

HEARTFELT THANKS IN ORDER FOR SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY EDITOR:

This past Saturday, my husband, Nathan, and I became parents to a stillborn son, Michael.
We have lived abroad for the last two years, and in that time I have greatly missed St. Thomas. It is where I grew up, went to school, and where I have many friends and family.

This week I was reminded of the great love, support, and unity this community has to offer.
First, to St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital and the third floor "butterfly" angels: Lynda, Vicky, Leigh Anne, Julie, Kelly, and Dr. Roe.

My hospital stay was made comfortable by your soft voices and giving hearts. Our local hospital is truly amazing.
Second, to Allan Hughson of Williams Funeral Home, whose kind words and unique compassion will never be forgotten.

Lastly, to friends and loved ones who have rallied together around one of their own. I will never forget the love I've felt in this community. St. Thomas, a place where I'm always proud, and so lucky, to come home to.

Amanda Sanderse
Port Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment