Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introducing Benjamin Curtis

Yesterday, Heather and Ian Repteski (Nathan's sister) welcomed their second son into the world. Benjamin is gorgeous, alert, and a very big baby! Heather was a week overdue but he was worth the wait. Nathan and I were lucky enough to be able to go to the hospital to see the family (since we had to be back in Boxall tonight) and hold the baby. It made my heart race faster just walking into the maternity ward (thinking I would be here in 4 months) and holding a baby that was only a few hours old was so overwhelming.

Ben already seems so healthy and strong, it's as though you could set him down and he'd sit up or crawl away. He is darker than Calvin (his older brother) but just as adorable. Heather looked great and very relaxed and she assured me that it's because it's her second - she could probably see my doubt that I would ever look that poised after giving birth. Everyone is healthy and happy and Nathan and I were both so thankful that we were able to be around to visit as we were on Saba for the arrival of Calvin and Scarlett.





No comments:

Post a Comment