Today we went to church and I started on my newest project.I'm in charge on creating a new bulletin board at the church. John Mark said I could do whatever I wanted so I decided to a "Get Involved" display. Today I stuck around after the service and took a few pictures of the pastor leaders and their wives. I couldn't catch everyone but I figure I'll give myself to the end of the month to get it finished. Next week I'm also starting on taking family pictures for the church directory that I'm in charge of. Oh- and I was asked to replace the group (about 12) of 8x10 photographs in the foyer of the church with ones I've taken of church activities and members! So I have alot of photo projects on the go right now - plus a few people saw my Madison/Steven/Melody family pictures and have asked if I would do their family pictures as well.
After church Nathan and I walked into the plaza because the annual Plaza Art Fair was on. It was really busy and we were glad that we lived walking distance from the show because parking was awful (we saw 2 cars being towed). There main street within the plaza was shut down for the fair and even though traffic was hectic, the drivers here were still reckless. I was crossing at a crosswalk (at a stop sign) next to the closed street and a woman didn't stop at the stop sign (probably assumed that she didn't have to because no one was going to drive into her since the street to her left was closed) but she nearly hit me. I actually had to move out of her way - and I was crossing from her left, not her right where maybe she didn't see me step off the sidewalk. Also yesterday we were waiting at a red light and we saw a van approaching behind us that wasn't paying attention and the woman not only had to slam on her brakes (we were in a 50 zone) but had to swerve into another lane of traffic so that she didn't rear end us. Nathan and I both thought that we were about to be hit. It was really scary.
The art fair was interesting but it was exactly the same as the 2 we've seen earlier in the summer. The atmosphere is different at each location so it's still worth the trip - and the smells. Oh my! The restaurants on the plaza are wonderful and there were several booths set up. We're getting the reputation from our friends here as the couple who sees and does alot. Which is weird since I'm such a homebody. But we have been to alot of unique events, and I proud that we can say we're really making the most out of our time in Kansas City.
Nathan met up with John Mark for coffee tonight. Nathan feels called to encourage John Mark (not that John Mark is flailing) and to make sure he knows that we're thankful fo rthe work he's doing. I can't imagine the stress and responsibility that must come from being a pastor, especially for John Mark who was originally only at Wornall for a church plant but then became the pastor. I was really excited when Nathan brought me a treat home. Donuts are all fat and little sugar so this treat was amazing! (To compare - a donut has 22 carbs but 1 thin slice of banana bread has 65). The donut was so tasty. I could have eaten 5 of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment