Friday, September 16, 2011

SWH


Nathan went to work at 4:30am today and won't be home until 10am tomorrow. That is a long day. I thought I'd just get some housework done and get caught up on projects when Kelly (I did her engagement pictures) called and asked if I wanted to make the trip with her to Quilter's Haven, a little quilt shop in Olathe, Kansas. I was super excited to go and to spend time with Kelly since she's been so busy planning her upcoming wedding. We had a great talk on the way there and the shop was worth the drive. It was small but gorgeous. The fabrics were amazing and the supplies were numerous. Kelly had her project quilted at the shop (it's $70 to quilt a double quilt top, plus $30 for binding) and we were there to pick it up but we had alot of fun just looking around at the patterns and projects.

On our way home we decided to stop in at the church, since every Friday night members of the congregation host a meal for the Southwest Football players. We arrived just in time to clean up and I felt good about giving all the people who had just cooked for 80 people a break on the dishes.

After chatting with several of the other "volunteers" I decided that I would attend tonight's game rather than stayaing home alone. At the game we had to go through 2 security guards who checked our bags and went over us with metal detectors (a big difference from my Parkside days!) At the game I was able to go onto the field to take some pictures although it seemed that the setting couldn't be more wrong - nightime, fast moving, black uniforms. But it was still good practice and alot of fun to be so close to the action.



No comments:

Post a Comment