Today was a particularly emotional church service. It was emotional for many because a broad topic presented was the 10th anniversary of September 11th, but it was difficult for Nathan and I as we've been having a tough couple of days. Earlier this week I recieved an email that was insenstive to our situation, I know some people don't know what to say, but when you say nothing for 7 months, I guess I just think they've had a lot of time to plan. I know I can get sensitive over triggers - it just comes in waves. I know I don't write the bad stuff on the blog, I guess I'm trying to keep the blog happy and light, but yes, sometimes there are really hard days that involve alot of why questions. So John Mark's sermon really spoke to that and of course to top it off, we had to sing It Is Well, so I was a mess. But it was a great message and it was what I needed to hear. I've also been reading a book that my friend Amy recommended. It's written by an Ontario woman and it's really helping me.
After church many of us stuck around to join the Haitian church (who worship in the basement of the church) who invited us all down for a homecooked lunch. The food was great and it was good to sit and chat with so many new friends. These young couples are truly all amazing and I am learning so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment