Today we had a notice on our door (from the apartments complex management) that said that someone is cruising our neighbourhood and stealing catalytic converters out of cars. I don't know what that is but I don't want mine stolen. I was talking to a friend about the thefts and she was saying that at her school the big item being stolen is liscense plate stickers. Also, the new scam in KC (it's happened to 3 people so far) is that theives are putting a piece of paper on the back window of cars so that when you get in your car, start it up, you see the paper, get out (leave your car running and unlocked) to take out the paper and someone swoops in. But the bottom line is that if there's going to be crime in my area I'd rather have it be theft than a desire to cause bodily harm.
Today I decided to treat myself to something I've wanted since I exploded the pyrex in Saba. A 9X13 pan. Oh yes...dream big. Nathan's favourite dinner is enchiladas and I always make them in a frying pan since our house has the bare minimum for cooking. I've been searching thrift stores for a pan but they never have them. But today..success! I found a $4 pyrex pan and decided to celebrate!
Also in my grocery shop today I decided to stop in at Trader Joe's. Everyone I talk to here LOVES this place. It is a tiny grocery store that has mostly Trader Joe brand items but it's expensive and doesn't have a ton of selection. I thought it would be huge considering it was on the news everyday for a week before the store opened this summer - and there was a lineup to get in the first day it was opened. Well, one thing they do have is award winning wine. Here's the story. The owners of Trader Joe's wanted to get into the cheap wine business so they started going around to all the wineries in KC and buying up their unusable grapes. They used this "low quality grapes" to make their wine for cheap. Well, one man's trash.......wins awards for the best wine in KC. Oh yeah, and the wine is $2.99 a bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment