I've been looking into getting an insulin pump for months now and I think it's time that I start the process to get one. Since Martin and Marlene are travelling to KC for Christmas I thought I could get things started with a few doctor's appointments in Ontario. My mom was able to pick me up from the Detroit airport last minute and we were home on Sunday by 5pm!
I know it will be a long process and to get in to see a specialist I have to see my family doctor, have all my blood labs done again and then get referred to an endocrinologist in London, ON. But I have 3 1/2 weeks before KC time again so I'm cramming in as much as I can. Also, I went to Shopper's Drug Mart because I realized that I'm almost out of insulin. I asked about my insulin and she said that since I didn't have any coverage it was going to cost a whopping $75.That's right....$200 less for the same amount of insulin in Missouri! That was worth the trip home already!
Every time I come home, my first full day at home I take a walk around the estate. hahha...kidding, but I do walk around house and back the lake through my Aunt Carol and Uncle Blake's field behind the house. The pictures always look the same so I don't know why I always take my camera but I guess it's nice to know that some things stay the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment