Monday, August 27, 2012

End of Work

Today was my last day of work at the grocery store. I'm so thankful that I was able to work while pregnant so that I could keep myself busy while Nathan was away, and I'm even more thankful that I was able to go back to work quickly after John died because I needed the distraction and needed to feel useful.

I know I saw how much I love working at the store because I love the work, but the people there are awesome. My managers and co-workers make me laugh everyday, they are all team-players, and they have been an amazing support system for me. They've listened to me when I've been ready to reveal little pieces of how I'm getting by and don't push when I'm just trying to get through my shift without tears (which was often). Today I said goodbye's and gave my hugs (and tears) to some amazing people who want great things for me. I know we'll see each other again soon.

After work, my mom and I headed to the Kettle Creek Inn for dinner with the Durr Ladies. We sat outside and enjoyed the view. The thing about living in a small town (and eating outside facing the main street) is that you get alot of dinner visitors- some might even want a nibble!

Darlene, Ashley, Donna, Me, Mom, Debbie




We had a great meal and after a few photos, we headed down to little beach for a waterside toast to safe travels. We took a bunch more pictures and goofed around before heading home.




It was really hard to say goodbye to Ashley because our friendship has deepend so much in these last 8 months. She was my company while Nathan was away, my birth coach, and a passenger on my crazy emotional roller-coaster and I know I'm really going to miss her.


Four months will pass quickly and I'm looking forward to the good things I know are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment