Thursday, August 16, 2012

Montreal

Today we met with Jill and John Mark in the hotel lobby at 9am to start our day. Nathan and John Mark had to meet with some church planters in Montreal so Jill and I went for a coffee at Tim Hortons. It was great to sit an chat with Jill because I'm really nervous about going back to KC in the fall and she helped to talk me through that. I don't know why it's hard to think of going back when I know we'll be met with so much love and support- maybe it's because this time, everyone will KNOW, and last time we could tell people on our own time. Whatever the reason, it was good to get my feet wet with Jill. We had a great chat and the guys met up with us after an hour. We hopped in the car and began the Montreal tour. At one point when I was trying to plug in the coordinates of the next stop John Mark said, "You don't need GPS, you've got JMC!" (John Mark and Jill lived in Montreal for a year and know their way around the city).




They took us to Notre Dame (Celine Dion was married here) and it was stunning. I've never seen anything like it Then we went to the Old Port and walked around the shops in Old Montreal. It's was great to be so close to the water. After that we went Mount Royale for the amazing view and the hilltop cross.

 




 
 
 






For dinner we went to John Mark and Jill's old stomping grounds (parking just outside the house they lived in while in Montreal). We had a great dinner, followed by drinks in the hotel lobby and more catching up. It was a great day and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's adventures!


 


1 comment:

  1. wonderful pictures and stories to go along with just like usual! looks so beautiful. glad you you all had so much fun. looking forward to seeing your face soon!

    ReplyDelete