Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Working Woman

I've been working each day this week because my bakery manager is on holidays. She usually does all the cake decorating but a big order can in so I decided that I wanted to try it. I've never made anything more than a simple birthday cake so I was a little intimidated to do a cake for a bridal shower but I know the couple (so I thought that must give me a little lee-way). I tried really hard and I think it came out pretty good- so I had our produce guy Dave take a picture.


(Overhearing that I didn't have a phone, my 18 year old co-worker exclaimed, "You don't have a phone? I've had one since I was 12!")

After he took the picture, Dave asked if I ever watched Corner Gas (a popular Canadian TV show that went off the air a few years back. All the episodes are on YouTube- WATCH IT!)I said yes and he showed me a picture on his phone of him and Eric Peterson who plays Oscar Leroy (the best character on the show!) Eric's daughter is an actress as well, and was performing at the Port Stanley Festival Theatre and he was in town to watch her. I would have loved to meet him.! I was so jealous I made Dave send me the picture of him and his friend with Oscar (center).


No comments:

Post a Comment