We headed to Toronto for the weekend for a family visit but most importantly, to celebrate the second birthday of Heather and Ian's son, Benjamin.
We arrived in Brampton on Saturday morning. Our trip was delayed a day because of the big snow storm that hit southern Ontario on Friday morning. I can't remember when I last saw so much snow! Our road wasn't plowed until 2pm but my Dad brought the backhoe from the farm to plow the driveway.
Once we got to Toronto we were able to have a quick lunch and rest before heading to Tottenham to Heather and Ian's. Heather made a delicious lasagne and Marlene made a really cool fish cake for dessert.
After dinner we had coffees, played some Scrabble (and debated on what game we could play next time with 6 players) and headed home around 9:30pm.
Most days I'm frustrated that we're doing a lot of waiting around, waiting for residency to start, not working, spinning our wheels, etc. but it's times like these I'm thankful to have these five months to watch the kids grow and get to know our families better.





No comments:
Post a Comment