Sunday, February 3, 2013

YMCA

Nathan went to Toronto to visit his family for a few day (with a Super Bowl party with his friends mixed in). I headed to church on my own this morning and the pastor, Andre, who is also the head of Youth for Christ in St. Thomas delivered an amazing sermon. I was nervous about going to the new church alone - Nathan is my social buffer, but I'm so glad I went.

After church I met with my good friend Becky at her mom's house. Becky lives over an hour away but she was in town for. Her nephew's birthday party. I know most of Becky's family and they invited me to tag along to the party at the YMCA so Becky and I could visit.

The party was awesome- the few covers gym time, food time (cake and drinks included) and swim time. AND the whole afternoon was run by YMCA staff! It was such a great party because it was controlled and organized... and the cake was really tasty.

After the party Becky and I dropped off the kids with he husband Mike, and enter to Tim Hortons for a quick coffee catch-up session before we each headed home for dinner. Becky has been a great, consistent, and honest friend to me over the years and I really appreciate having her in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment