Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Day


Last night Martin and Marlene were able to come for a short visit after work. It was great to see them and to share Allison (without all the wires attached to her). She was fast asleep the whole time so we didn't get to handle her, but she entertained with her wacky faces and dramatic stretching.


After the visit, I bathed Allison before her feeding. At her feed she took her full bottle in 10 minutes. The 2 other feeds in the night didn't go as fast but they were still an improvement so hopefully we've turned a corner.

Allison has lost a little bit of weight since being taken off the tube and she's down to 6 pounds, 5 ounces. The doctor said that if she continued to lose, we might have to talk about putting the tube back in. I was really upset so he said that the first thing we'd do is put a fortifier in her milk and see if that helps.

So we'll see....

I haven't talked to Nathan in 2 days! The internet is only available on the ground level in the atrium of the hospital and I have to ask a nurse to babysit while I sneak away (like I did to write this blog post)The nurses are happy to do it, but it's hard to work out a time to chat with Nathan because Allison feeds whenever she wants and Nathan has been so busy with orientation, studying, and socializing.

Nathan wrote me an email last night and said that the residents were out to dinner when a waitress approached the table and said that a man had passed out. Nathan and one of the chief residents went to help. It's so strange that Nathan and I are experiencing huge changes to our lives but we're not together! We're going to have so much to talk about when we arrive in September!


1 comment: