This afternoon, Nathan's grandmother (and father) came to visit us at the Ronald McDonald House. I've only met Nathan's grandmother once before (at Heather's wedding 6 years ago) but through email and the blog it seems like we know each other more extensively than our one prior meeting. The four of us sat outside since it was a sunny day and had coffee. Nathan's grandmother brought an envelope full of documents to show us. They included their (Grandma and Grandpa) citizenship papers of when they came to Edmonton, and several war documents from when Nathan's grandfather was in the Dutch Army in the Indonesian War (served: 1947-1949). I love family history and I really enjoyed hearing about the Sanderse family tree.
We headed up to the hospital at 3pm to introduce Great-Grandma to Baby Allison. It's always fun to show Allison off but today was extra special. Our nurse was changing Allison's roommate (who is the weight Allison was when she was born) and she held up the baby to show us the difference of how much Alli has grown in 5 weeks. I couldn't believe it when I saw the other baby- was my Alli really that tiny?
I was able to take some really nice pictures of the growing Sanderse family. I won't be able to go to Nathan's family reunion this week at the Briars resort on Lake Simcoe because I'll be staying with Alli so it was fun to have a mini-reunion in London today!
No comments:
Post a Comment