Sunday, June 30, 2013

Birthday Party

**warning**do not read this post if you don't want to know where your food comes from**

Today was my brother's 30th birthday and he had a pig roast at my parent's house to celebrate. Fraser's friends own a pig farm and they bought a pig from them and had it brought over to be prepared. Fraser and Jay gutted it, singed the hair off, then washed it and the farm. They then brought my parents house to put it in the cooker that Jay brought. 

It was a 250 pound pig and it took 13 hours to cook. It was jarring to see it being prepared but I eat pork so I figured I really couldn't complain about the process.

I had plans to be at the party all day but when I arrived at the hospital this morning I was told by Allison's pediatrician that she can go home tomorrow so I would need to room in for the 24 hours before she left. Fortunately, because I spent the week in the hospital last week, and had plans tonight, the nurses said I could go home for dinner and come back and still be able to take her home. I also needed to go home to pack an overnight bag.

I was home for a few hours and it was great to see my brother's friends (from high school) and meet their spouses and hear what they've been up to in the decade since I've seen them . Everyone was really friendly and relaxed and I'm glad I was able to slip away for a delicious dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment