My mom came with my to the hospital today- even on
one of her two days off from the hospital she offered to come and sit with me!
Allison has been really cranky lately but thankfully
today she had some relief and my mom was able to hold her for about an hour
this afternoon. My mom said that she really felt like it was a good bonding
time. My Dad even came up in the late afternoon after a full day of spraying in
the fields.
I was at the hospital of 11 hours today and although I’m exhausted I just hate to be away from her. Even though she’s only taken 2 full bottles in the last 6 days, I would like to start “rooming in” or living at the hospital so that I can practice being her full time care giver- yes, this means 3am feeds!
I just love spending every moment with Allison, even
though the laundry isn’t done and I have a huge amount of emails and phone
calls to respond to.
I called the hospital when I woke up at 6am this morning (just to check on her) and today's nurse said that during the night Allison had (finally) managed to rip out her feeding tube. She has always loved to scratch and pull at her face and last night she managed to get it out. The nurse and doctor think it's time for some tough love so the tube will stay out as long as she can manage her bottles well. She's taken the last 6 bottles (not completely but doing well) and I think being a little hungrier will help her. She's always well fed and we're waking her up for feedings every three hours and I don't think it's making her work hard enough.
I was just so happy that she doesn't have the tube because I get nervous that she'll pull it out during a feed and start to breathe it in if someone isn't right there watching her. I'm also happy because it means that I could get some pictures of her without it! She looks so different. I love her chubby cheeks! She's now 6 pounds 7 ounces! Everyone says how much she looks like Nathan and I love having a little piece of him with me each day because I miss him so much.



No comments:
Post a Comment