Saturday, January 11, 2014

Family Portrait I

While editing Allison's baby book I realized that I need to start taking more pictures - with my camera and not my phone.

Last week after dropping my parents off at the airport Nathan and I stopped at a thrift store off the highway. It was a great store and I loved looking through it. The clothes were old fashioned but I found a jean jumper for $2 and I got a great idea- let's do a family portrait. One of my New Year's resolutions (which I acutally take pretty seriously) is to be better at laughing at myself. Well, this would be a great test!

A few days later we stopped in at a different thrift shop and picked up 2 jean shirts. The first, for Nathan to wear. The second, I cut up and refashioned into a jumper for Allison and a "Blossom" style hat. Nathan picked up his ridiculous glasses at the dollar store and and the grand total to pull this amazing picture together? $6.

I teased my bangs, pulled my necklace over my ill-fitting turtleneck and when I walked out of the bedroom, Nathan couldn't stop laughing. We had a great hour trying to get the perfect shot. It felt so good to laugh together and just be goofy. It gave us family time plus it brought back my interest in photography - I think I might turn this into a series! I call this one, Sear's Photo Jean Dream.

I hope it gives you the laugh it gave us!


3 comments:

  1. I was showing your family portraits to Garret and he laughed out loud and likes this one a lot. He says he likes Nathan's smile hehe

    ReplyDelete