Sunday, January 12, 2014

Church Lunch


Nathan had to work today so he wasn't able to accompany me to church. I love going to Wornall but I feel overwhelmed when I go by myself. It's difficult to get Allison cleaned, dressed, and fed (and then to get myself ready too. Then when we get to church she doesn't want to sit quietly with me- mainly because I encourage crazy loud playtime when she's at home. 

Today Allison made it through the majority of the sermon (she entertained herself by chewing on her diaper bag) and I only missed the last 10 minutes. I was pretty sleepy by the end of the morning but I perked up as the pastor leaders and their families moved to the parlor in the church basement for a lunch catered by a local restaurant. 

I had a great time catching up with a few friends I haven't chatted with in awhile. I forgot how much I missed chatting with these amazing women! I really enjoyed hearing what they were up to. I miss having the freedom to be a bigger part of their lives, but I'm so thankful that I can now experience the joys of motherhood that they've allowed me to witness in their homes.  
John Mark even arranged for a couple to come and make balloon animals for the kids. I have a bit of a phobia about balloons, I just don't like the sound and the unpredictable !POP! but I pushed through. Allison however did not. The popping balloons really spooked her and after we ate (and April let me steal some leftovers for Nathan's dinner) we headed home for an afternoon of naps and loud playing.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete