I've been following Mindy McKnight on YouTube (Cute Girl Hairstyles) for awhile and love how easy to follow her hair tutorials are. They only thing that's tricky is that she demonstrates the braids using her daughters as models, not doing it on her own head, so often you need more than one pair of hands. Thankfully, I had Nathan around and after giving him a bit of a crash course he helped me with my first attempt at a 4 strand zipper braid. It's a little too messy but by the end I felt like I was getting the hang of it.
Nathan had to work today so I took Allison to church by myself. Allison lasted through 3/4 of the service before she got restless so I took her to the nursery to play until it was time to go home.
There was a church member meeting at 6:30pm tonight and Nathan and I had plans to attend. Nathan told me his shift was over at 5 and that we would have a quick dinner before we headed out.
John Mark had asked for volunteers to bring snacks for the meeting so while Allison napped I made these maple butter tarts.
I was all ready to go (with dinner keeping warm in the over) when Nathan called to tell me that he had a new admit and wouldn't be home on time. He didn't get home until after 6:30pm. When people ask me how I handle Nathan being gone so much, I say that 90% of the time I'm okay with it. I don't make plans around his schedule because it usually changes. Tonight was a 10% moment because I had baked 30 butter tarts! Oh well, he'll be able to take them in to work tomorrow and I put a bunch in the freezer so it all worked out.
As much as I might get frustrated at plans change, I'm so thankful for how hard Nathan works and his dedication to building a reputation that give our family stability in the future.
A resident at the hospital has a few chickens in her yard and told Nathan she could be our egg supplier! Nathan brought home 2 dozen mulch-colored eggs last week!




No comments:
Post a Comment