Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday

Nathan has been working on Sunday's this month but today he was free because he is preparing for the 'days to nights' turnaround. It was Ordination Day at the church today and 2 pastor leaders (Eddie and Travis) were ordained. John Mark had approached Nathan about Nathan getting ordained but Nathan doesn't feel like it's the right time since he's been so busy and hasn't had time to prepare for such a big responsibility.

Allison has been getting antsy in church lately. She loves the music and will quietly sit on my hip while we sing but as soon as it's time for the sermon she starts to act up. She's in a stange where she needs to move and be entertained. Sitting on my lap and quietly playing doesn't cut it. I left Nathan onstage and headed to the nursery. There is a jumper there and Allison had a great time watching the other babies cruise around while she stood in her toy. I haven't put Allison in the nursery because I think she's too young (she needs constant attention) and I'm so worried about germs. I know she could get sick from anything but I'm just nervous, every cough sends me into a panic.

There were two other mom's in the nursery and I had a great time getting to know them both better. Luckily, Wornall uploads all the sermons online so I can catch up during on one Allison's naps later this week.

Tonight was our gospel community group meeting at the Moore's house. Nathan and I were 1/2 hour late because we both thought it started at 6:30, not 6 (forgetting that the food is served at 6 and the study starts at 6:30). Oops- we'll know better for next time.

Allison was a sleepy and stayed in her car seat the whole time. Nathan rocked her and she fell asleep about half way through the meeting. I was able to pay attention the whole time! Most nights I'm so distracted and it takes a real effort to pull my focus back to what we're talking about, and then I feel like I'm rude because I'm having to leave the room but everyone there has kids and I know they understand my girl.

I decided to make lasagne cups to take to the group. I decided on a heartier appetizer because most people (me included) bring desserts and snacks and I knew I'd need something to hold me over.  I made them with wonton wrappers instead of noodles and although I wanted them to be as cripsy on the bottom as they were on the top (they weren't) they still tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment