Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Jerry calls himself "Even Steven" because his life always balances out? Well, his examples are quite literal, he throws $20 out the window and then finds the same amount in his wallet. My balance is that when I start to have a carefree willy-nilly day, something bad happens. Like today, I went over to my friend Sarah's house and we had a delightful day. We chatted in front of her bay window and it was so hot (with the sun shining in) that we had to open the window! Then she treated me to chai tea and specialty cookies while Allison napped in her car seat.
Then tragedy struck. For dinner I made baked fries in my Pampered Chef 9x13 pan and after I had served dinner I put the pan on top of the stove. I had used the back burner to heat a dressing for another part of the meal and didn't think anything of putting the pan on the cooling burner. Well, after sitting there for 20 minutes, I heard a loud CRACK! The pan split! I couldn't believe that so little heat (albeit direct heat) could destroy the pan. When Nathan went to take it out to the trash (and I dried my tears) he noticed a small bubble on the inside of the pan. I don't know if that would affect the quality of the pan, but there's nothing I can do about it now.
I was so sad because when I bought the pan I thought I would have it for years and instead I didn't even have it for a month. I'm sad but trying not to let it ruin the great afternoon I had.


No comments:
Post a Comment