Some times I get the craving for desserts. Not to eat desserts, but to bake. I love baking and trying new recipes. After church Nathan and Allison both had a nap. Nathan has been trying to switch his sleeping schedule back to normal and Allison had another rough morning in the church nursery.
Tonight our small group for church met for the first time since our December break. I decided to try a new cinnamon roll recipe. They turned out really well- not as sweet as I would have thought but still good- fluffy and light.
The trick to baking anything with yeast is a DIY proofer. A proofer is a warm moisture box used in a bakery to make things rise quickly and evenly. I worked with one when I worked at Foodland and one day when it broke, we had to improvise. I didn't have access to the tray racks that I had back then, so instead I improvised. I warmed the oven for a few minutes. Boiled a large pot of water, put the tray in the oven on the top shelf, then poured the boiling water into a 9X13 pan on the bottom shelf. The 1-2 hour rise time was cut down to 25 minutes. I just kept the door closed and waited for them to be ready. It was super simple but it makes a huge difference to the finished product.
I topped the rolls off with cheese cheese icing because it is so amazing and should be put on everything.
The rolls were a hit and I only came home with 2 of the 14. It was wonderful to see our friends, I feel like I haven't seen everyone in so long and it was a great way to catch up.



No comments:
Post a Comment