Nathan had the whole weekend off so I was able to take my time with our meals and try out some new recipes that I've seen on my Pinterest newsfeed.
I really wanted to try out these rice balls. It's cooled rice wrapped around a (small) cube of mozzerella cheese, rolled in egg, dipped in bread crumbs and deep fried. I know- so healthy right!?! I made some marinara sauce to dip them in and while I wouldn't make them every night, it was a fun weekend treat and Allison loved hers.
I also made cheese nip chicken- it's baked chicken that uses ground up cheese nips for a coating. Sounds odd but so good. We didn't eat all the chicken the first night so tonight we used the leftovers for fajitas.
Tonight we were invited to a game night at our friend Danny and Katie's house. It wasn't a "no-kids" event but most people found sitters. We decided to go for an hour and enjoy the visiting/snack time, then head out before the games started. Nathan was so hyped up on people (always the extrovert) that when Allison's bedtime arrived, I asked our friends, Kyle and Lisa, if they could drop him home on their way.
They agreed and Nathan got an extra hour of friend time. I brought these carrot cake muffins to the party. I love carrot cake and I had some cream cheese icing in the fridge I needed to use up so I decided it was time to pull out the old recipe cards.



No comments:
Post a Comment