The day after the Sanderse clan left, the Stinson's arrived. My parents flew in Monday afternoon for a one week stay.
It's been great having my parents here- my Dad loves to be outside- just like Allison. They've been going on many adventure trips around the backyard.
I took my mom to the Matt Ross Community Center so she could see how we spend our Tuesday mornings. There weren't many people there so it was easy to keep an eye on Allison while we chatted.
Nathan had to work nights this week so he left each night at 6pm. I had considered going out for New Year's but since I'm usually in bed by 9pm, I didn't think I could make it to the countdown. Instead, my mom and I played Scrabble, drank wine, and ate imported cheese.
On New Year's Day we hit the thrift stores. All the stores have 50% off sales on major holidays and since my parents come on holidays it always works out perfectly. I found about a dozen things that I loved, including duplo for Allison (and Nathan) and 4 brand new dresses.
We saw a really nice toddler bed for $12 and my parents bought it for Allison for Christmas. She's not ready for it yet but it will be a great transition bed.
I wanted to make something for my parents to take home for my brother's kids so at night (after Allison goes to bed) I've been working on these new winter hats. They probably have too many hats already but these are customized!
We've been making most of our meals at home, with the exception of takeout from our favorite Indian restaurant and takeout from Joe's Kansas City. You can't come to KC and not have BBQ.
Other a Costco trip, a trip to Joann's Fabrics (my mom wanted me to make her some table runners) and a trip to Walmart, we've just been hanging around the house visiting.






No comments:
Post a Comment