Allison has loved having the attention of her Dad this week. She loved having our guests over the holidays because it meant more people to laugh with her, play with her, and encourage her. I think she was disappointed last week when she only had me.
Nathan says (each day) that he can't believe how tiring it is looking after a small person. Allison is draining and her added energy from having Dad home only makes her more wild.
Nathan has been spending a lot of time with Allison- giving her her nightly bath, reading with her, and playing with her toys- although judging from the castle he built, I'd say he enjoyed the Duplo more than Allison.
At the beginning of the week (when it was still really cold) we decided to take Allison to McDonald's to play out her energy. She was unsure of the tunnels at first (she played in the toddler area) but once she realized she could always see us, she had a great time.
One morning we were at the computer store so that Nathan could look at all the newest gadgets. I took Allison on a walk through the store to keep her hands off the merchandise and let Nathan have a minute to himself. As we were walking down one of the aisles, we passed a salesman who looked at Allison and said, "I can guess who your Dad is!" We were no where near Nathan and there were about 60 people in the store. It was cute - but I still wish Allison looked like me.
My friend April had her daughter at the end of 2014 and she looks just like her husband. April and I shared the disappointment of having gorgeous little girls who don't look like us. I was thankful that Nathan was home this week and I could go visit baby Greer without Allison. Greer is gorgeous with long, dark hair. She cuddled into my fuzzy sweater and slept for most of my visit.
I was also able to visit with my friend Eleanor and her daughter Camille. Camille turned two and we brought her a couple of birthday balloons. We also bought Allison a balloon since she loves them so much and for $1, it is absolutely worth it!
We got her an Elmo balloon because Allison loves all things Elmo.
Obviously.





No comments:
Post a Comment