Thursday, January 22, 2015

Baby Gifts

Over dinner tonight, Nathan mentioned that his co-worker (who has hosted us to dinner) is having a small baby shower on Saturday. He asked if I could make her a little something. I wasn't surprised by Nathan's last minute request, but I wanted to make something cute because I really like Amanda.

Nathan told me the nursery is an owl theme with hints of teal, so after I put Allison to bed (8pm), I found this idea, made a pattern, sewed it, and wrapped it, and was in bed at 10pm.

It measured about 18 inches tall and was so easy to make. The pattern idea that I took it from was selling for $10! I have no idea what you would be paying for because it was so simple.

I love making baby gifts- this is a (copy) of a doll I made for my friend's daughter for Christmas. I read somewhere (I think Canadian Living Magazine) that these dolls are the NEW WAY to use minky fabric. Minky fabric is a super soft, raised dot fabric. These dolls are also really simple- I made two- one for Lucy, and one for Allison. Allison sleeps with hers and uses it for a pillow, then carries it around like a doll during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment